新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   XML论坛     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 本版讨论Semantic Web(语义Web,语义网或语义万维网, Web 3.0)及相关理论,如:Ontology(本体,本体论), OWL(Web Ontology Langauge,Web本体语言), Description Logic(DL, 描述逻辑),RDFa,Ontology Engineering等。
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区W3CHINA.ORG讨论区 - Web新技术讨论『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』 → [developerWorks采访]Web 2.0 = a piece of jargon --- Tim Berners-Lee对Web 2.0的观点。 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 4943 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: [developerWorks采访]Web 2.0 = a piece of jargon --- Tim Berners-Lee对Web 2.0的观点。 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     admin 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:9
      头衔:W3China站长
      等级:计算机硕士学位(管理员)
      文章:5255
      积分:18406
      门派:W3CHINA.ORG
      注册:2003/10/5

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给admin发送一个短消息 把admin加入好友 查看admin的个人资料 搜索admin在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给admin  访问admin的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看admin的博客楼主
    发贴心情 [developerWorks采访]Web 2.0 = a piece of jargon --- Tim Berners-Lee对Web 2.0的观点。

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=3552

Web 2.0 = a piece of jargon
    Posted by Dan Farber @ 10:40 am

[URL=http://digg.com/submit?phase=2%26url=]Digg This![/URL]

During a [URL=http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/podcast/dwi/cm-int082206.html]podcast interview[/URL] (transcript [URL=http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/podcast/dwi/cm-int082206.txt%20]here[/URL]) last week with Scott Laningham of IBM developerWorks, the father of the Web Tim Berners-Lee offered his view on the term "Web 2.0":

LANINGHAM: You know, with Web 2.0, a common explanation out there is Web 1.0 was about connecting computers andmaking information available; and Web 2 is about connecting people and facilitating new kinds of collaboration.  Is thathow you see Web 2.0?

BERNERS-LEE:  Totally not.  Web 1.0 was all about connecting people.  It was an interactive space, and I think Web 2.0 is of course a piece of jargon, nobody even knows what it means.  If Web 2.0 for you is blogs and wikis, then that is people to people.  But that was what the Web was supposed to be all along.

And in fact, you know, this Web 2.0, quote, it means using the standards which have been produced by all these people working on Web 1.0.  It means using the document object model, it means for HTML and SVG and so on, it's using HTTP, so it's building stuff using the Web standards, plus Java script of course.

So Web 2.0 for some people it means moving some of the thinking client side so making it more immediate, but the idea of the Web as interaction between people is really what the Web is. That was what it was designed to be as a collaborative space where people can interact.

Now, I really like the idea of people building things in hypertext, the sort of a common hypertext space to explain what the common understanding is and thus capturing all the ideas which led to a given position.  I think that's really important. And I think that blogs and wikis are two things which are fun, I think they've taken off partly because they do a lot of the management of the navigation for you and allow you to add content yourself.

But I think there will be a whole lot more things like that to come, different sorts of ways in which people will be able to work together.

The semantic wikis are very interesting.  These are wikis in which people can add data and then that data can then be surfaced an  sliced and diced using all kinds of different semantic Web tools, so that's why it's exciting the way people, things are going, but I think there are lots of new things in that vein that we have yet to invent.

按此在新窗口浏览图片

For Berners-Lee, the Web is just the Web (no versioning) and has always been about interaction between people online. About a year ago, O'Reilly came up with his [URL=http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html?page=1]le[/URL][URL=http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html?page=1]ngthy exposition on what is Web 2.0[/URL][URL=http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html?page=1],[/URL]  which basically describes how the Web has evolved over the last ten years ( by 2015 we will have Web 3.0).

按此在新窗口浏览图片

Gavin Clarke of the Register.com follows up on Berners-Lee's comments with a [URL=http://www.theregister.com/2006/08/30/web_20_berners_lee/]story[/URL] that catalogs many of the other 2.0s (Office, Enterprise, SOA. lunch, etc.) and points to a "plethora of me-too business plans, marketing pitches and analyst reports exploiting the nebulous phrase" as a sign of the times. Indeed, the 2.0 proliferation is simply a natural effect of human intelligence at work–marketers, conference creators, journalists, pundits and lexicographers all trying to capture  themes, the essense of movements in time and give them names that have iconic, instant recognition, although the deeper meaning will be in the eye of the beholder.   Here's a modest proposal for solving the versioning problem:[B][/B] Let's just call it Web Y15, given [URL=http://www.historyoftheinternet.com/chap6.html]WWW was developed at CERN by Berners-Lee[/URL] in 1991.

[B][/B][B]See also: Dana Gardner's "[URL=http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gardner/index.php?p=2340]Scrap Web 2.0, yes, but embrace Knowledge 2.0 surely[/URL]"
    [/B]

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-9-2 22:32:26编辑过]

收藏   分享  
    顶(0)

----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

第十二章第一节《用ROR创建面向资源的服务》
    第十二章第二节《用Restlet创建面向资源的服务》
    第三章《REST式服务有什么不同》
    InfoQ SOA首席编辑胡键评《RESTful Web Services中文版》
    [InfoQ文章]解答有关REST的十点疑惑

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2006/9/1 9:56:00

admin 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:9
      头衔:W3China站长
      等级:计算机硕士学位(管理员)
      文章:5255
      积分:18406
      门派:W3CHINA.ORG
      注册:2003/10/5

给admin发送一个短消息 把admin加入好友 查看admin的个人资料 搜索admin在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给admin  访问admin的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看admin的博客2
    发贴心情 
    developerWorks Interviews: Tim Berners-Lee
    Originator of the Web and director of the World Wide Web Consortium talks about where we've come, and about the
    challenges and opportunities ahead
    recorded 7-28-2006

LANINGHAM: Welcome to the developerWorks Interviews podcast series.  I'm Scott Laningham, developerWorks podcast
    editor, and we're IBM's technical resource for developers, offering a wide range of tools, code, and education on IBM
    products and open standards technology.
      Today, our guest is Tim Berners-Lee. I'm reading from the cover flap of the Harper edition of his book,
    "Weaving the Web, here. It says, "Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, has been hailed by Time magazine
    as one of the 100 greatest minds of this century. His creation has already changed the way people do business, entertain
    themselves, exchange ideas, and socialize with one another. With new online businesses and communities forming every
    day, the full impact of Berners-Lee's grand scheme has yet to be fully known."
      Tim Berners Lee is currently the director of the World Wide Web Consortium, the coordinating body for
    Web development, and he occupies the 3COM founder's chair at the M.I.T. laboratory for computer science and artificial
    intelligence. He's a recipient of numerous awards, more than can be mentioned here, including being named a member of
    the Royal Society in 2001.  For some perspective, Sir Isaac Newton was the first member of the Royal Society.  Tim is
    currently based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  Tim, thanks so much for coming on the podcast today. It's a real honor to
    talk with you.

BERNERS-LEE: My pleasure.

LANINGHAM: I wanted to ask you at the top here, with the amazing perspective you have on the last 25 years of
    technology, especially that which has grown up around and on top of the Web, do you have a sense of how you would place
    it all historically?

BERNERS-LEE: I think, Scott, I'll answer that one in a thousand years' time, if that's okay.

LANINGHAM: [LAUGHTER] sure.

BERNERS-LEE: That's very difficult...

I think trying to write the history, at the time I think it's very difficult.  Certainly I know during the early days of
    the Web, for example, we were watching its exponential growth and during a phase when the load on our server was
    actually going up by more or less exactly a factor of 10 every year.

And we didn't know whether we were going to be looking at history or not, because when you look at a curve like that, an
    exponential curve going up can often just tilt over and crash back down again.  And there were a lot of other projects
    we've all had which have done that.

So to try to say what the impact on the next few centuries is going to be at this stage I think is really foolish.  It's
    fun to try, but I think there's also so many new things coming up, a lot of them based on the Web, which I think are
    going to change things again completely.

LANINGHAM: Right. I hear what you're saying. I was just thinking that, without your creative and catalyzing work
    that spawned the growth of the World Wide Web, we might not be talking about the flattening of the world right now, you
    kow that phrase everybody is using.

BERNERS-LEE: Yes, certainly the fact that we're all connected, the fact that we've got this information space, does
    change the parameters.  It changes the way people live and work.  It changes things for good and for bad.

But I think in general it's clear that most bad things come from misunderstanding, and communication is generally the
    way to resolve misunderstandings, and the Web's a form of communications, so it generally should be good, but I think
    also we have to watch whether we preserve the stability of the world like we don't want to watch this phenomena like the
    stock market becoming unstable when it became computerized, for example.

We need to look at the whole society and think, are we actually thinking about what we're doing as we go forward, and
    are we preserving the really important values that we have in society?  Are we keeping it democratic, and open, and so
    on?

LANINGHAM: That was another question I was going to ask, is are there some negative things that have been unleashed
    that really demand an attention level from us that's different from things in the past, and I think you've started to
    speak to that right there.  Are there other issues like that surrounding this technology that we need to really be alert
    to?

BERNERS-LEE: There have been all kinds of things which have...I suppose which have worried us and some of it still
    do.  I think if you go to a person in the street, in fact, the consortium staff once went out into the streets of
    Cambridge and just interviewed people to see what they thought about the Internet randomly, and I suppose you had to
    pick one thing, they said, spam, get rid of spam.
    [LAUGHTER]

And that in fact for a lot of people makes the e-mail unusable, and it's a ridiculous amount of humanity's time which is
    being spent just leafing through it and throwing it out.

So there are certainly some things which need really urgent attention in the Internet space.  Another thing that
    happened I suppose during the consortiums, this was the evolution of our process for creating the standards, it started
    off fairly ad hoc, much more in the start of the Internet engineering task force, people get together, they know each
    other, and all with a passion for the same thing, get together and produce some technology and roll it out and then sort
    of create a new market.

Then we found with one particular standard that came through the consortium, that one of the people in the working group
    turned around and said, oh, right, you're all going to be paying me royalties, by the way, when we're finished.  And
    there was shock and horror.  This was during the dot com boom, so this was when things were moving very fast, people
    were talking about 2.6 Internet years being a year, or was it an Internet year being 2.6 months, things going very fast.

And the whole process stopped for 18 months.  It cost us I think $150,000 to find a lawyer who would investigate it and
    write an opinion.  And the opinion was that actually these people would not be paying anybody royalties, that a patent
    did not apply in that case.

But that sort of sent a shudder through the community, yes, we can all work together producing something.  And then
    somebody could come along and claim that actually they owned the idea.

So that started the consortium on a path of producing a patent policy so that we could make sure that when people come
    together to make standards they come together understanding that they're trying to produce something which is going to
    be royalty-free.  So it will be generally usable by everybody.

It took several years to actually get that policy agreed, but now it is.  So that's the sort of, that was something we
    may not have anticipated at the beginning, just because the ethos was so much of...where the openness was just, the
    default, it was the understood thought of the whole Internet community at the beginning.

LANINGHAM: Do you feel like, I've read some of your blog entries about the Net neutrality issue.  And do you feel
    like that subject right now is the same kind of challenge or even more of a challenge than the one you just described in
    the earlier days of the Web?

BERNERS-LEE: I think the importance in that neutrality is well understood by a lot of people, and I think for example
    outside the United States I haven't heard any concern about it.  If you go to Europe and ask somebody about whether
    they're concerned about Net neutrality, they say, what?  You know, people didn't know the phrase.

It's only that in the US there were some speeches by executives of large telecommunications companies in which they
    suggested that maybe they should change the whole way they charge for the Internet and block people like Google, so that
    Google didn't get connection to their customers, quote, for free, unquote.  As though Google doesn't pay for its
    Internet connectivity.

So I think what happened was that put a scare through.  And when you look at...when you look at American industry, you
    know that companies are beholden to their shareholders to try to make whatever money they can.  And so where they can
    find a business plan which they think will produce larger profits in the short term than they may feel obliged to try to
    pursue that, even though it might be very completely destructive, it would be destructive of the Internet community, the
    Internet markets and the amazing phenomenon which is built on top of the Internet at the moment.

So I think in fact Congress will understand the concern.  There's a huge education process going on at the moment that a
    lot of people are taking the trouble to explain to American congress what it means, this important concept that if I've
    connected to the Internet, and if you've connected to the Internet we can then communicate. Nobody else can then start
    suddenly charging us extra money to building up because they feel that you're making too much money selling me your
    audio podcast or something.

I think it's really important that the market for Internet connectivity and the market for content are independent
    markets.  It's thus why the Internet has expanded so quickly, because we've had one group of people working on
    innovations to the Internet infrastructure, and it's more or less since we started, you know, it's gone up, we're
    talking about, we started off by talking about thousands of bits per second and now we're talking about millions of bits
    per second, so that's a factor of a thousand increase in speed, which has happened during the time I suppose that the
    Web was being developed over the last 15 years.

LANINGHAM: Considering that arc of evolution that you're alluding to there a little bit, if we go back, if I
    understand this bit of history correctly, and around 1980 when you created Enquire utilizing concept of hypertext, and
    the modern Internet was still unfolding with the first TCP/IP Wide Area Network, was still a few years away, did you
    have a sort of epiphany with Enquire and that experience along the lines of, wow, I've stumbled on to something here
    that's far bigger than what can yet be seen or what I think might become of it, but I can tell that this is a sea change
    moment?

BERNERS-LEE: I don't believe in the sort of eureka moment idea.  I think it's a myth.  I'm very suspicious that
    actually Archimedes had been thinking about that problem for a long time.

[LAUGHTER]

And it wasn't that suddenly it came to him.  Maybe at some point he felt the pieces had fallen into place.  You know,
    there must have been a point, yes, okay, when he thought, okay, we can lower the crown of the water, and maybe it
    happened when he was in his bath.  But in general, he'd probably, that was backed up probably by an awful lot of
    thinking about density and volumes and physical structures, which he'd been doing for a long time.

And so Enquire, for example, Enquire was a program which allowed you to make random associations between different
    things.  They were more like note cards.  And it was all using much older technology of course, it was using sort of 24
    by 80 green terminals.

And it was a step that I'd had a long term interest in the idea that the brain can store random associations between
    things. You can store a random association between a place, between what you're doing at the moment, for example, if
    somebody walks in with a particularly flavored cup of coffee, then later on when you remember that flavor you remember
    what you're doing just now, it will make association between flavors, and running your equipment and conducting a
    interview, totally otherwise unconnected things.

So computer systems couldn't do that.  And so that was a general interest, which is, and that's related to the ability
    to make, link anything to anything, which is a fundamental part of I suppose of the Web architecture, and then now of
    the Semantic Web architecture.

But it was no one time when it was just struck with, aha!  This will revolutionize the world. You know? I don't think
    that happened.

LANINGHAM: I've read some places where Enquire has been described in the words sort of like a wiki.  Is that
    accurate, and what do you think about wikis, and is that just another way of doing something conceptually that was
    already being done?

BERNERS-LEE: Well, there had always been systems where a lot of...systems I'd say you could roughly divide into two
    categories: those which were, where people created information systems and created...[in one level] people created it
    and the other people browsed it, like sort of CD ROM hypertext based systems. And systems where you are interacting with
    the data, things like a calendar. Where when you look at your calendar, at any point you're browsing through the
    calendar, you can put any event in there.  Your address book, you can create a new address, or if you see that
    somebody's telephone number is wrong, you can go fix it.

And Enquire was [several nodes], and any point you could be reading something about something which was documented in
    the system, you could press a single key to say, and say link, i want to link this to something else, or I want to add a
    new link, add a new data.  And wherever you added new data to it you had to make a link to some previous data. You could
    only add new data by linking it on to something old.  So you were actually creating this linked data structure.

And the original World Wide Web browser of course was also an editor.  I never imagined that anybody would want to write
    in anchor brackets.  We'd had WYSIWYG editors for a long time.  So my function was that everybody would be able to edit
    in this space, or different people would have access rights to different spaces.  But I really wanted it to be a
    collaborative authoring tool.

And for some reason it didn't really take off that way.  And we could discuss for ages why it didn't.  You know, there
    were browser editors, maybe the HTML got too complicated for a browser just to be easy.

But I've always felt frustrated that most people don't...didn't have write access.  And wikis and blogs are two areas
    where suddenly two sort of genres of online information suddenly allow people to edit, and they're very widely picked
    up, and people are very excited about them.

And I think that really for me reinforces the idea that people need to be creative.  They want to be able to record what
    they think.  They want to be able to, if they see something wrong go and fix it.

LANINGHAM: Our core audience on developerWorks is obviously software developers.  And I wonder if you have thoughts
    for that audience regarding the challenges and opportunities around the Web going forward.

BERNERS-LEE: Well, my passion now is the Semantic Web, of course.  And we just, I've got a bunch of undergraduate
    students at M.I.T. who have been hacking away on a little tabulator program I put together, which is an Ajax program.
    It's Javascript, it's got an audience library in it, that you can use it to pick up any Semantic Web data, and allow
    people to browse around through that data, and then analyze it, and map it, and put it on to timelines, and calendars,
    and maps, and things like that.

And this form of programming where you're programming at the RDF level, I think is going to be the future, because at
    the moment when you program systems, databases, when you write that sequel you have to be aware of the structure of the
    database. And the structure of that database is really got a lot of arbitrary design constraints in it, arbitrary design
    decisions. When somebody designed that database they didn't have tables like this, so they moved from a model of
    abstract things they wanted to represent into some physical database structure.  And when you program this in SQL you
    have to be aware of that.

And similarly, at an object oriented system you have to be aware of what slots are in each object, and in an XML system
    you have to be aware of whether we've got an XML file which has got a set of books and in each book there's a shelf, or
    it's a set of elements for shelves and each element, the shelf has got an element for each book. When you write your X
    path queries you have to be aware of which way that was done, but that decision is kind of arbitrary.

The nice thing about programming at the RDF level is that you can just say, I'll ask for all the books.  You can ask for
    all the shelves.  You can ask for a given shelf whether a book was on it.  And you're not worrying so much about the
    underlying syntax. So I think that we'll be able to write code faster. We'll be able to write application code which
    doesn't depend on exactly what sort of XML schema you're using, so that when you find you need to change the schemas you
    don't have to rewrite everything.

And the fact that the SPARQL query language has come out now means that all kinds of data can be surfaced as RDF.  So I
    think the exciting thing now is to take existing data sets, whatever they are, look at them and keep the existing
    systems running but write little SPARQL servers for them just as in the early days with the Web, we kept the existing
    documentation systems, ran little HTTP servers for them so that the data was served. You can write it.  Just as then we
    wrote little Perl scripts and things to convert the data into HTML, now we can just do the same thing, write these
    little PHP scripts, or Perl scripts, or whatever is your favorite language, Python say, to convert the data when the
    request comes in for [UI] convert the data, send out some data in RDF, giving data about that particular URI even if
    it's a URI for an abstract, some abstract concept.

LANINGHAM: Do you get excited at all about emerging Internet technologies as described, you know, Ajax and things
    like that?  Or are you thinking most of the time at such a conceptual level and a solution level that you don't really
    feel like you have time to get too worked up over those things?

BERNERS-LEE: Oh, this tabulator project, the RDF tabulator, I coded it up in Ajax.  So yes, I'm very...I find that
    Ajax is the....  It's the one computing platform where everybody who has a Web browser has got that platform.  So the
    nice thing about it is when you do code up an Ajax implementation then other people can take it and play with it.  And I
    think that's one of the things that's so exciting.

Also it's actually got a really powerful, you've got a really powerful user interface toolkit with the HTML DOM and also
    with the SVG DOM, so I think scalable back to graphics, Ajax applications are going to be really fun in the future.

And then when you've got an RDF and SPARQL library which gives you access to the Web of data, then that gives you
    extremely deep programmatic access both to the user and to the data underneath so that application becomes something
    relevant.  So yes, I get excited about things which allow people to have fun and make progress and prototype new ideas.

LANINGHAM: You know, with Web 2.0, a common explanation out there is Web 1.0 was about connecting computers and
    making information available; and Web 2 is about connecting people and facilitating new kinds of collaboration.  Is that
    how you see Web 2.0?

BERNERS-LEE: Totally not.  Web 1.0 was all about connecting people.  It was an interactive space, and I think Web 2.0
    is of course a piece of jargon, nobody even knows what it means.  If Web 2.0 for you is blogs and wikis, then that is
    people to people.  But that was what the Web was supposed to be all along.

And in fact, you know, this Web 2.0, quote, it means using the standards which have been produced by all these people
    working on Web 1.0.  It means using the document object model, it means for HTML and SVG and so on, it's using HTTP, so
    it's building stuff using the Web standards, plus Java script of course.

So Web 2.0 for some people it means moving some of the thinking client side so making it more immediate, but the idea of
    the Web as interaction between people is really what the Web is. That was what it was designed to be as a collaborative
    space where people can interact.

Now, I really like the idea of people building things in hypertext, the sort of a common hypertext space to explain what
    the common understanding is and thus capturing all the ideas which led to a given position.  I think that's really
    important. And I think that blogs and wikis are two things which are fun, I think they've taken off partly because they
    do a lot of the management of the navigation for you and allow you to add content yourself.

But I think there will be a whole lot more things like that to come, different sorts of ways in which people will be
    able to work together.

The semantic wikis are very interesting.  These are wikis in which people can add data and then that data can then be
    surfaced and sliced and diced using all kinds of different semantic Web tools, so that's why it's exciting the way
    people, things are going, but I think there are lots of new things in that vein that we have yet to invent.

LANINGHAM: I have one that I really struggle with, and I talk to co workers about, one of the tools of the
    Internet, and that's e-mail, and how the e- mail client is kind of like the communications desktop or "the" desktop in
    the office for so many people.

And I feel like it's archaic in a way that it's a long list of stuff sorted by date and time or sender, and we waste so
    much time sorting, and it's almost like an addiction, you can't pull away from it.  Do you see some kind of paradigm
    shift coming that will really change the way we communicate, and that e-mail won't be so dominant in our lives?

BERNERS-LEE: E-mail is interesting, we can't live with it and you can't live without it [LAUGHTER].  As I said, first
    of all, spam is clearly something which needs to be fixed.  But if you try to fix e mail you'll often end up trying to
    fix life.  In the Web consortium we use the Web, we live in the Web. So a lot of the things other people do, back to
    changing e mail, we do by editing Web documents.  And sometimes that can be a lot easier.  You just have shared editing,
    and so documents don't move around, and because they're linked together we don't change the URIs, that means you can
    find things. You don't have to keep running back for e-mails.

So I think one of the ways in which within the Consortium we work differently is that we have an editable Web.  We also
    use e-mail, and of course they connect, because every e-mail which is sent to a public list, or a central list in
    general, is archived and becomes a Web page.

What's funny is that e-mail isn't completely integrated into this hypertext link space.  E-mail messages have message
    IDs on them, but if you click on a message ID there is in fact a message ID, MID:URI space.  If you click on one of
    those not a lot of systems know how to, what to do with it.  Actually the W3C archive system does have a way of looking
    at message IDs, you can give it a message ID and it will give you back an e-mail if it's got it. But most other systems,
    a lot of other systems don't.  People aren't used to using them, so they've got these URIs but they're not actually
    used, so you can't, often you can't follow through the threads very easily because a lot of mailers don't give the links
    back which allow you to create the thread.

There are some ways in which I think e-mail could be improved.  But on the other hand, the fact that a lot of people
    want you to do things is a fact of life.

LANINGHAM: Right [LAUGHTER].

BERNERS-LEE: And organizing the things that you're....  I get a lot of e mail, and people get...and some of it is
    from people that I promised to do things for, and some of it is from random people I don't know asking for things.

And sorting that and deciding on your priorities, how you're going to spend the next 10 minutes is always a challenge,
    and that's just part of the art of living your life, I suppose.

LANINGHAM: Can I ask you a wrap-up question by just saying, what are your long term hopes for the Internet and for
    the Web and this amazing invention that we're all using now?  Where do you see its place in our lives in the coming
    decades?

BERNERS-LEE: Well, the Internet was a really nice clean platform on which I could develop the Web, and I hope the Web
    will continue to be a nice clean platform on which people keep developing other things.

I hope the Semantic Web will take off so that the data basically all the data which is out there which you have access
    to, to the Web pages, will now be available as data so you can treat it as data. There will be lots of very exciting
    applications built on that.  And we're starting to see that now, but it really is, you know, we're seriously into the
    exponential growth of the Semantic Web right now, and that's very exciting.

I think it too will be again a platform on which lots of other things to do will happen.  It will be basically used for
    data interoperability and for data integration across companies and between companies and between applications. But it
    will then provide a basis for all kinds of exciting new systems built on which will be able to make use of that data.

In general, I hope that we as humanity can learn to use this information space to understand each other, that we can
    form ourselves into groups in lots of interesting ways so that between us that sort of just tangled web of human groups
    spans the world and makes that so that it's not...you aren't too many clicks across the social Web from any one person
    to any other one person, so that start really pulling together in the world and solving the huge challenges which we've
    got without being distracted by fighting each other.

So I suppose scientific progress and world peace, and the things that we've all got in the back of our minds, have
    always got to drive us.  And I think anybody in fact who does Web development, when you ask them about what they're
    doing for a few minutes they'll end up back at those fundamental human desires.

LANINGHAM: A wonderful vision, a worthwhile vision.  Tim, this has been a real pleasure and honor.  Thanks so much
    for taking time to talk with us today.

BERNERS-LEE: Scott, you're very welcome.

LANINGHAM: Our guest has been Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web, director of the World Wide Web
    Consortium, and the 3Com Founders chair at the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.  Find
    out more about developerWorks podcasts at ibm.com/developerworks/podcast.

For everyone at developerWorks, I'm Scott Laningham.

Talk to you next time.

[END OF SEGMENT]

----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

第十二章第一节《用ROR创建面向资源的服务》
    第十二章第二节《用Restlet创建面向资源的服务》
    第三章《REST式服务有什么不同》
    InfoQ SOA首席编辑胡键评《RESTful Web Services中文版》
    [InfoQ文章]解答有关REST的十点疑惑

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2006/9/2 22:33:00

donline 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大一新生
      文章:7
      积分:88
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2006/6/12

给donline发送一个短消息 把donline加入好友 查看donline的个人资料 搜索donline在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看donline的博客3
    发贴心情 
    从专业技术上看,Web2.0的说法的确没什么意思,没有巨大的革新,只是形式上的改头换面。从普通人角度看,Web2.0方便了个人出版和WEB编辑,进而出现了一种爆发,有一定社会意义。不同人看法不一样,是个含糊概念。
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2006/9/3 18:57:00

evenbetter 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大三(面向对象是个好东东!)
      文章:142
      积分:775
      注册:2005/11/8

给evenbetter发送一个短消息 把evenbetter加入好友 查看evenbetter的个人资料 搜索evenbetter在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看evenbetter的博客4
    发贴心情 
    好像现在不少人都简单的认为Web2.0就是博客+维基+论坛,不过这么理解确实比较方便
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2006/9/4 11:04:00

haday 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大一(猛啃高等数学)
      文章:14
      积分:112
      注册:2006/9/5

给haday发送一个短消息 把haday加入好友 查看haday的个人资料 搜索haday在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看haday的博客5
    发贴心情 
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2006/9/5 16:33:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 Semantic Web(语义Web)/描述逻辑/本体 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/4/29 2:07:36

本主题贴数5,分页: [1]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    187.012ms